The Elektec Story.
Read more about our history.
Greenarc (formally Elektec)
Greenarc acquired Elektec in May 2023 and Elektec has since then rebranded and adopted the Greenarc name.
Based in the north of England, we provide electrical services to residential and commercial customers by supplying a full range of electrical services such as LED lighting, Solar & EV charging systems, Portable appliance testing (PAT), CCTV, alarms and much more.
Elektec was formed in October 2017 by Carl Knowles following support received from The Prince’s Trust Enterprise Scheme. As a national success story for The Prince’s Trust, Carl and his wife Charlotte Knowles championed community and social responsibilities throughout the business.
Elektec Award Wins
- A National Success story for the Prince’s Trust
- Winners of the Construction Business of the Year – BIBAs 2021
- Winners of the Best Grassroots Social Impact Award – North West Family Business Award 2022
- Winners of the Best Family Business Award – Enterprise Vision Awards 2022
- Winners of the Commitment to Blackburn with Darwen and Family Business Awards – HIVE Awards 2022
- Highly Commended Construction Business of the Year – BIBAs 2022
- Winners of a Mayoral Award for ‘Outstanding contribution to Blackburn with Darwen’
Elektec acquired by Greenarc Limited
Greenarc Limited acquired the Lancashire-based company Elektec in May 2023.
Chris Bingham, Chairman and CEO at Greenarc commented:
“This recent acquisition is one of many investments from Greenarc in the past twelve months and we are thrilled to welcome Carl and Charlotte to the business to support our goal of transitioning our customers to a clean energy future.
With Elektec’s focus on EV charging points, battery storage, LED lighting, electrical compliance and more recently solar we have further increased our low-carbon service offering. This acquisition represents another important pillar of our decarbonisation proposition to individuals, businesses, and the public sector across the UK.”
Charlotte Knowles, Director at Elektec said:
“This acquisition allows us to continue to offer our electrical services locally but also provides Elektec with the expertise and funding to grow our services to customers. Not only this, but we now have access to a range of other renewable energy solutions to support our customers to decarbonise their entire energy infrastructure.
Greenarc’s honest and informative approach to clean energy fits in well with what we do at Elektec, we are thrilled to be joining the Greenarc team and I’m excited about the future work we will be achieving together.”